The Family
Sunday, October 7, 2007
Week 7
This week I put another anesthesia test behind me. Now I only have 4 more to go for the semester. I can't believe that the semester is almost half over, Crazy! We had our first clinicals this week. I was totally wiped after I got done on Friday. Something about the stress and not being able to sleep very well. I was able to place 6 LMA's and I intubated 6/8 patients. It was cool to be able to see how good it went. I only had one bad experience, but we won't talk about that. The hardest part about being at clinicals is all of the pimping. The MDA and the CRNA are asking you a whole bunch of questions while you are trying to intubate the patient. Then we have only been going to school for 6 weeks so we don't know anything. One MDA asked me why propofol burns when you inject it in the IV. I had no idea! I guess it has something to do with the chemical structure. It is a benzine ring with and alcohol. Thus the alcohol stimulates the nerves inside the vein causing a burning sensation. Oh, well you learn something new every week. Well I gotta sign off. Phil
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment