The Family

The Family

Monday, November 19, 2007

Week 13

This week in clinical's was so awesome. The first day I was in a room and we were doing some lap chole's and an inguinal hernia repair. While we were prepping for the hernia repair the MDA asked me if I wanted to do the spinal. I said sure and he taught me how to do it and I assisted him placing a spinal. It was totally awesome. The people at the hospital are really nice and willing to work with students. The second day we were doing a bunch of lithotripsies. By the second and third case, I had things under control and the CRNA basically let me run the show. It was fun to be able to make some decisions and see them through. He also told me at the end of the shift that I did a really good job and that I caught on really fast. That made me feel really good about myself. Well I gotta run. Phil

No comments: